Nauti-Lass Ponds & Critters, Inc.
pet turtles turtle facts types of turtles baby turtles for sale
1. It is unlawful to take live wildlife from the wild without a permit issued by the director. It is unclear as to what permit is required for
turtles. The issue however, may be mute as all of Washington’s native turtles are either protected or banned from possession.
1. The following species may not be possessed, imported, purchased, sold, propagated, transported, or released into state waters
2. The unlawful use of a prohibited aquatic animal species is a gross misdemeanor. A second violation within five years is a class C felony.
3. The western pond turtle Clemmys marmorata and painted turtle Chrysemys picta are state-listed as endangered or threatened and as such
4. It is unlawful to release any species into the wild
5. It is against the law to transport live fish or live wildlife without a permit
TAKING FROM THE WILD
SUMMARY OF WASHINGTON TURTLE LAWS
Northern Pacific Pond Turtle Emys marmorata marmorata
Western Painted Turtle Chrysemys picta bellii
Western pond turtle Clemmys marmorata
Type your paragraph here.