Type your paragraph here.
Nauti-Lass Ponds & Critters, Inc.
pet turtles turtle facts types of turtles baby turtles for sale
1. All commercial dealers in Vermont, including, but not limited to pet shop owners and all persons who import, export, and/or sell animals
must first obtain a valid Dealer's Permit
1. All native species of turtles in Vermont are protected and may not be taken or possessed
1. No person shall take or possess Chelydra serpentina Snapping Turtle, Chrysemys picta Painted Turtle, Clemmys guttata Spotted Turtle,
Glyptemys insculpta Wood Turtle, Graptemys geographica Northern Map Turtle, Sternotherus odoratus Stinkpot (Eastern Musk Turtle) or
Apalone spinifera Spiny Softshell except when exempted by permit for scientific, educational or conservation purposes
2. Any person within the state of Vermont interested in purchasing, importing, or possessing a pet or animal must determine whether that
pet or animal species first requires an Importation and Possession Permit from the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department. Only captive
bred turtles on the following list do not require a permit:
All other species require a permit.
3. All captive bred only species must be accompanied by a statement of origin or certificate of veterinary inspection identifying the business
of origin and the number of individual animals imported to the individual/business.
4. Individuals, educational institutions, or research facilities seeking to import or collect animals for the purposes of education or bona fide
research must first obtain a Scientific Collection Permit. Individuals conducting any research or field activity that may result in the
pursuit, capture, disturbance, handling, injury, death, or importation of any State threatened and endangered species are required to first
obtain an Endangered Species Permit.
5. Any person breeding and propagating wild animals must obtain from the commissioner a license to do so; unless the species is listed as a
domestic bird or animal, domestic pet, or unrestricted wild animal.
TAKING FROM THE WILD
SUMMARY OF VERMONT TURTLE LAWS
Common Map Turtle Graptemys geographica
Common Musk Turtle (Stinkpot) Sternotherus odoratus
Common Snapping Turtle Chelydra serpentina serpentina
Eastern Painted Turtle Chrysemys picta picta
Eastern Spiny Softshell Apalone spinifera spinifera
Midland Painted Turtle Chrysemys picta marginata
Spotted Turtle Clemmys guttata
Wood Turtle Glyptemys insculpta