Type your paragraph here.
Nauti-Lass Ponds & Critters, Inc.
pet turtles turtle facts types of turtles baby turtles for sale
1. A person may import and possess a live amphibian or reptile classified as non-controlled for a commercial use or a commercial venture.
However, native or naturalized species or subspecies of amphibian or reptile may not be sold or traded unless it originated from a captive-
2. A person may not import and possess a live amphibian or reptile classified as controlled for a commercial use or commercial venture
without first obtaining a certificate of registration.
3. It is unlawful to transfer a live amphibian or reptile classified as controlled for collection and possession or importation and possession to a
person who does not have a certificate of registration to possess the amphibian or reptile, except as follows:
1. A person must obtain a certificate of registration to collect more than three reptiles of each species or subspecies classified as
noncontrolled for collection and possession within a calendar year
2. The destruction of habitats such as breaking apart of rocks, logs or other shelters in or under which amphibians or reptiles may be found
3. The use of winches, auto jacks, hydraulic jacks, crowbars, pry bars, gasoline or other potentially toxic substance, firearms, airguns,
explosives, electrical or mechanical devices, smokers, traps including pit fall traps, can traps, or funnel traps, fykes, seines, weirs, or
nets of any description, except dip nets, are prohibited.
4. Any logs, rocks, or other objects turned over or moved must be replaced in their original position.
1. The following species are prohibited for collection, possession and propagation of individuals from wild populations in Utah and prohibited
for importation, possession and propagation of individuals legally obtained outside of Utah: Alligator snapping turtle (Macrochelys
temminckii), Common snapping turtle (Chelydra serpentine), Desert tortoise (Gopherus agassizii) and Spiny softshell (Apalone spinifera).
Except, a person may collect and possess any number of common snapping turtles (Chelydra serpentina), alligator turtles (Macrochelys
temminckii) or spiny softshell (Apalone spinifera) turtles without a certificate of registration provided they are either killed or released
immediately upon removing them from the point of capture. All other species are considered noncontrolled.
2. A certificate of registration is not required to collect, import, transport, or possess any amphibian or reptile classified as noncontrolled
3. A certificate of registration is not required to export any species or subspecies of amphibian or reptile from Utah, provided that the
amphibian or reptile is held in legal possession and importation into the destination state is lawful.
4. Any amphibian or reptile listed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service as endangered or threatened pursuant to the federal Endangered
Species Act is prohibited from collection, importation, possession, or propagation.
5. A person may not release from captivity any amphibian or reptile without first obtaining authorization from the division
6. Any person who lawfully possesses an amphibian or reptile classified as prohibited or controlled may transfer possession of that amphibian
or reptile only to a person who has first applied for and obtained a certificate of registration for that amphibian or reptile
7. A certificate of registration is required for a person to handle live amphibians or reptiles classified as prohibited for collection and
8. A certificate of registration is required for propagating any native amphibian or reptile collected in Utah
9. It is unlawful to sell or trade any turtle, including tortoises, less than 4" in carapace length
10. A person must obtain a certificate of registration to possess more than nine reptiles of each species or more than 56 in aggregate which
are classified as noncontrolled and collected within Utah
11. A person may not transport a live common snapping turtle, alligator turtle or spiny softshell turtle from the point of capture from which it
was collected without first obtaining a certificate of registration
TAKING FROM THE WILD
SUMMARY OF UTAH TURTLE LAWS
Common Snapping Turtle Chelydra serpentina serpentina
Desert Tortoise Gopherus agassizii
Texas Spiny Softshell Apalone spinifera emoryi
Western Painted Turtle Chrysemys picta bellii